Trinity Rock & Pop Guitar grades have quickly become one of the most popular graded exam around the world. Featuring actual hits songs from the past 40 years of popular music. Including
artists like David Bowie, The Who, Muse, & Kings of Leon.
You choose your songs from the song list, including one of the Technical focus songs that develop particular skills. A total of 3 songs. You then select either playback or improviation as a
I have taught Rock & Pop to hundred's of students since the curriculum was released. I am now teaching the grades online via Skype. The lessons will also be supported with in depth video
lessons and information necessary for your session skills including chords and scales.
Trinity have strict rules on that must be adheared to in order for a student to register for an exam.
1. Students must have the correct grade exam book or downloaded certicate of purchase before they can take an exam at a registed center.
2. Students must register and pay exam fees through a registered Trinity Office prior to the exam. I will send all details to students concerning dates and fees.
3. Exams will be taken in person at a register Trinity Exam location. I am a teacher not an examiner, Trinity arrange exams normally 3 times a year typically December and
The exams include many distinctive new features:
- Learn through performance: The exams reflect the way rock and pop performers learn – through playing the music. You’ll perform three songs, usually to a backing track, and learn
the important skills you’ll need as a musician.
- Play great music: In your exam you’ll be playing and singing great classic and recent tracks - our song lists feature a wide range of artists from the Rolling Stones, David Bowie
and Joni Mitchell through to Radiohead, Kings of Leon and Jessie J.
- Improve your technique: Carefully chosen songs that are appropriate for each exam – songs that will improve the technical aspects of your playing, building your skills as you
progress through the grades.
- Boost your confidence: The exams give you invaluable experience of planning and playing a set - a perfect preparation for auditions and performances in the future.
- Songbooks, downloads and videos: We’ve provided a wealth of resources to support you - songbooks, downloads of individual songs, and videos of professional musicians explaining
the technical elements of the music. The songbook for each exam includes:
- sheet music for six songs
- backing and demo tracks on CD
- background information on the songs
- performance hints and tips
- an explanation of the technical elements
- support for Session skills.
- Use the latest technology: Songbooks and downloads contain backing and demo tracks for the songs and Session skills, and our online videos show professional musicians
demonstrating technical skills.
- Dynamic song lists: Great new rock and pop songs are being written every day, and we’ll reflect that by adding new songs to our song lists and posting new downloads and
- Ideal for self-taught musicians: The resources provided for each exam mean that the Rock & Pop exams are ideal for musicians teaching themselves as well as those taking
lessons. Everything you need to prepare for a career in the music industry is available on the website.
- Accredited qualifications: Every exam has been allocated a level and a number of credits in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) in England, Wales and Northern
More information on Trinity Rock & Pop exams can be found on the Trinity College Website